Here’s some quick tips from Celebrations DJ Service for having a great wedding you’ll enjoy:
- Keep you ceremony brief.
- Greet each guest. They came just to see you so let them know you appreciate it!
- Create a well-planned seating chart.
- Splurge on the open bar. Just trust us on that one …
- Make sure your guests are comfortable. They’ll likely spend a good amount of time sitting and Grandma will appreciate a nice, soft chair.
- Keep speeches short. Don’t ramble, keep it tight at a couple of minutes and make it from the heart. People will remember that.
- Ask for song requests. We are always open to song requests either before or during your reception.
- Create a buffet with a snack bar. Plated meals seem great on paper, but the truth is everyone appreciates a good buffet.
- Serve late night snacks. This will be appreciated later in the night especially in conjunction with #4 above.
- Skip in traditions that don’t fit your style.
- Hire Celebrations DJ Service!
Give us a call at 906-789-1666 today and find out why we’re the U.P.’s favorite DJ Service!
Look at that thing. Seriously, take a look at it. It’s more complicated than Celebration’s whole accounting system. Just doing a quick Google search I found hundreds if not thousands of these “Wedding Checklists”. Even the simple ones were incredibly long. It seems like there is incentive in the wedding industry to make you feel like your wedding is such a huge undertaking that you need to hire a dozen planners just to help you out. But do you really?
Now I’m not saying having a planner is bad, it isn’t and it may take some stress off you, but it should ease your burden not add to it. Here’s a little secret from me: there are only two really important things on your wedding day.
- Your Love. As cliche as it sounds at the end of the day this is what the whole thing was about. Your relationship will last far beyond this one day of celebration and if you’re not sure it will then having a big party isn’t a reason to get married. Never forget that you and your partner’s love for each is the most important thing.
- The Marriage License. I’ve seen this listed as a “Loose End” on some checklists. I couldn’t believe it! Without a Marriage License you’re not really married in the eyes of the State. None of the advantages granted to married people like having a say in your spouse’s medical care, automatically inheriting joint property should something happen to one of you, etc. count if you don’t have the License.
That being said, your wedding should be a fun an enjoyable experience and Celebrations DJ Service can help. Not only will we be there to play music and entertain your guests, but we can help you plan and make sure you are ready to go on the big day.
Sure there will be To Do lists and things you need to arrange like venue, wedding party, and whatnot. Just don’t let those things become all the event is about. You’re having one of the best days of your life and it should be fun and easy not a giant ball of stress. So, take a deep breath and remember what’s important.
Happy New Year everyone! We here at Celebrations DJ Service are looking forward to an awesome 2018 & serving you. One of the trends experts say is coming for 2018 has caught our attention in particular: small, intimate weddings.
While we’re happy serving a reception of any size, we here at Celebrations can see the advantages of only inviting the closest people in your lives. For one thing you’d get to spend more time with each guest and could interact with them more casually instead of flitting from meet n’ greet to meet n’ greet. I remember from my own wedding reception just wanting to enjoy the evening and instead being made to run around and shake with relatives of relatives I didn’t even know. The first several hours felt less like a party thrown in my honor than an obligation to acknowledge people and perform traditions like cutting the cake.
A smaller, more casual event can put the fun back into the celebration and let you and your new spouse show more of your personalities. You can even extend the party into the next with a brunch or other special event. Make it fun and make it meaningful. It’s your wedding, shouldn’t you be enjoying it?
No matter how big or small your event is Celebrations DJ Service will work hard as always to make your gathering perfect. Try us and you will not be disappointed!
It’s always bitter sweet when we reach this point of the year. It’s nice to have a little break around the holidays and enjoy friends and family, but it’s always a little sad to see another year of weddings come and go. Every year must come to an end and every wedding season must too.
2017 was a great year for Celebrations and we greatly appreciate all the amazing brides and grooms we’ve gotten to work with this year. You are all awesome and we wish you the best in the future. 2017 also saw us welcome on board two new DJ’s – Jordan and John. As I’m sure all of you who have had Celebrations do your receptions know these guys are awesome and we couldn’t be prouder to have them on our team.
So while it may be sad to see another year end there is good news …
… Next year is right around the corner! We already have a number of bookings for 2018 but we are always willing to take more. As great as 2017 was we know 2018 is going to be even better. So Happy Holidays everyone and we’ll see you in 2018.
Thank you to everyone who came out for the 2017 Ever After Bridal Expo!
It was great seeing everyone and it was an awesome event. We are happy to be a part of this event every year and really look forward to it. Thanks to Ever After Decorating for putting on the event. Thanks to Sears Hometown in Escanaba and Bink’s Coca-Cola for providing some really great prizes. Thanks also to Young’s Formal Wear for providing our tuxes, we really appreciate it! Thanks also goes to Howie from Heritage Limousine for taking such a wonderful picture of the booth – it’s a shame the guys ruined it by being in it, LOL.
To all the brides who stopped and talked with us – thank you for your time and interest, we know there is a lot of work that goes into planning a wedding and only so much time to go around and we’re glad you decided to spend some of it with us. We look forward to working with you in 2018!
Please bring on the doughnuts.
According to a number of wedding websites and other sources who cover wedding trends for the coming year, 2018 will be the year of the Wedding Doughnut Buffet! This is excellent news as the only thing we here at Celebrations DJ Service enjoy as much as a good wedding is a good doughnut. This is really a continuation of a trend we’ve seen in recent years in which couples opted to have cupcakes instead of the traditional wedding cake. Once you’ve gotten used to the idea that it’s okay for your reception desert to not be a cake, well, then the sky’s the limit.
Remember that if you’re looking for a DJ service that will provide the absolute best in performance and price then look no farther than Celebrations DJ Service. If however you decide to not hire us BUT you are having a doughnut buffet at your reception please invite us as guests – we’d hate to miss out on the doughnuts.
Choosing your first dance song seems like it’ll be easy, right? But it can be daunting finding just the right song to sum up not only your love for each other but the road of life that led to it. Don’t panic, sometimes all you need is a little advice from an experienced pro.
Todd’s been in the wedding business a long time, about 20 years, and he’s seen hundred’s of first dances. According to Todd the right first dance song is one that makes your guests say “Yeah, that’s them”. Don’t put pressure on yourself by worrying about forever marking a tune as “your song”. Just pick something in a genre you both like, whose lyrics speak to you (always check the lyrics!), and that you can dance to. Honestly, it’s that simple.
If you need inspiration here are Todd’s Top Five picks:
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley. A classic in every sense of the word. Todd is a huge Elvis fan and this song does a great job of summing up a love that can’t be denied. While there have been many covers of this song over the years, there is no beating the original.
- “Just the Way You Are” – Billy Joel. An ode to accepting your partner flaws and all. This Billy Joel hit is a great choice for those of us who feel less than perfect and the special someones who love us anyway.
- “You Are the Best Thing” – Ray LaMontagne. A folk influenced track with husky vocals Ray LaMontagne’s “You Are the Best Thing” gets right to the point. It states in no uncertain terms that you haven’t just found a partner, but the best thing that’s ever happened to you.
- “In Case You Didn’t Know” – Brett Young. A simple, sweet song with a simple premise. This one’s about letting your new spouse know you love them even if it’s not always obvious.
- “Collide” – Howie Day. Every now and then doubt clouds everyone’s mind. That’s doubly true in relationships. However it’s also true that sometimes you meet that someone that you find you just can’t get away from, and if you’re honest with yourself, don’t want to. For those relationships we offer Howie Day’s ode to love that survives any kind of doubt.
Summer no longer has the market cornered on weddings. Fall has been gaining in popularity for sometime now and according to theknot.com it now ties the warmer months for most popular wedding season.
So why do we at Celebrations DJ service mention this? Because we love fall weddings! And because we want you to know that we’re ready to go anytime you are. So go ahead and plan that September wedding, or October (Halloween weddings are fun!), or even more daring … November.
- September weddings are great. You get the best of everything – all the fall foliage and ambiance that autumn brings PLUS some really nice weather. Especially lately, the weather in September is often the best of the year.
- October weddings naturally bring up the idea of a Halloween theme. A Halloween wedding can be really fun especially if the guests are encouraged to wear costumes. Add an old rustic barn and voila! – a night everyone will remember.
- November is a special time in Yooper Land. A time for thanksgiving and remembering those who have … oh, who am I kidding? It’s hunting time! Why not take the opportunity to Yoop it up and embrace your inner red-and-black checked flannel. Just remember that if you want us to play at your camp, you’ll need electricity – unless you want to hear Todd sing a cappella.
No matter the time of year we’re here to work hard to make your special day perfect.
Feeling like the traditional Grand Entrance is a little dated? Try some of these alternative approaches and shake things up a bit.
- The simplest Grand Entrance involves just introducing the two of you into the reception while your guests are encouraged to stand and cheer. This is the moment they’ve been waiting for!
- Want to be the center of attention? Consider using a spotlight to highlight you and your wedding party. It creates a “holiday feel” and is a lot of fun.
- “The Paparazzi Effect” – Have your guests grab their cameras and as soon as the Bride & Groom walk through the door, you will be mobbed by dozens of your guests, armed with cameras, snapping pictures of you as you walk towards the head table.
Remember to keep your guests entertained and included to maximize their enjoyment, but don’t forget your own enjoyment either. Celebrations DJ Service can definitely help you achieve just the right balance.